Love?
What is love?
Is it what you feel when you are 13 and a guy walks in your classroom and your heart skips a beat? Is it what you feel when you grow a little older and the guy says something that makes your heart skip a beat again? Is it what what you feel when he touches you and your heart yet again skips a beat?
Well if you say Yes, I'm afraid to tell you, Love is far away from all this!
People say that today's generation has really advanced a lot. They get mature at an early age. Well friends, getting mature early means knowing your responsibilities early, standing up to yourself early, taking wise decisions early, learning from the mistakes you make early. It by no way means falling in love early.
When I watch my grandparents spend their retirement in each others company and smile at each other, that is Love.
When I watch my Mom hear my Dad out in his tough times and make him feel better, that is Love.
Guys, love is sacrifice, devotion, dedication, inclination, care for one person!
Do you think we can do all of that in our teenage? Love requires attention. Are we old enough to give it attention leaving our own likes, dreams, aspirations?
Whatever you wanna answer, your heart will always say No!
What I intend to bring to you is not that don't fall in love in your teenage, but don't let this feeling crush you when it gets bad!
Coz there are very few cases where this puppy love might continue and when you are well established make you realize its depth and true meaning.
Otherwise, its nothing but attraction, lust and a change of hormones! Its totally not okay to get hurt, cry or harm your heart and yourself, when it doesn't work out. Coz we are yet to know the true meaning of love, and it comes with age!
Love has no age but our mind and heart do have a age.
When we have friends and best friends who care for us till their death, parents for whom we are the apple of their eye, siblings to fight with and even cry with! Why do we need love? Isn't their love enough?
And even if we "think" we have fallen in love, why to let it affect us when the guy or girl breaks it up? How can we forget about all those people who love us unconditionally.
And we got out whole lives ahead.
Love can't be found on finding, it comes to you when you least expect it to!
By writing all this, I do not mean to offend anyone. These are just my views. You can happily comment on them.
I have written this coz I want to share it with everyone that life is much more than feelings. Sometimes, we just overlook the love of our friends and family. I did too. But when I paid attention, I realised that I was the luckiest person on earth!
So, my message would be, "Do things in life which make you happy, live for yourself and care for the people who deserve it. Live in the moment. Smile and spread the smile. Crushing on someone is fine too, but don't let anyone control your heart but yourself! Its your life and no one can come, hurt you, and get away with it! Prove em wrong. Stay strong! Love can wait but your aspirations and career can't"
Peace out!
With love and from the heart,
Purva <3
well written.......very useful for teenagres.....and true...
ReplyDelete