Monday, 15 July 2013

Second Chance - A New Life

Chase. Life is nothing but a chase. We chase our dreams. We chase our desires. We chase money. We chase comforts. We chase for every basic thing in life. If only we could stop and ask ourselves, Is the chase worth it? 



Out of the 17 years and 10 months of my life, the past 10 months have been those where the chase got bad. I chased despite of being handicapped by the injuries from a heartbreak. I chased despite of being let down. I did ask myself the question and everytime I answered myself that Yes, it is worth it. But guess what, I was fooled. By myself. 

It took me bruises both mentally and physically to realise that I was chasing my own tail. Something I could never get hold of. No, I'm not a B*tch. But I do have a tail. We all have a tail. A tail which we think belongs to us. A tail which becomes a necessity for us. A tail which becomes a part of our identity. We chase that tail. We chase for that tail. But there is life without that tail. We just don't know it until someone comes and cuts it for us. 

It bleeds. It does bleed where it has been cut. But there are certain factors in our blood which helps it to clot and prevent further bleeding. These factors are the control we have on ourselves and more importantly our brain. Its not by nature that the bleeding stops, it stops when we want it to. 

I realised I couldn't let myself bleed. I couldn't let the tail that meant nothing to my life in reality harm me. I saved myself. I was my own Saviour. 



I had given myself, a Second Chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment